Monday, May 26, 2014

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

As I have stated before, I'm a huge fan of the Oscars and watch every single movie.  The Silver Lining's Playbook was up for all four acting categories (Jennifer Laurence winning best actress) and best picture.  Thus my mom and I saw it in the theater in preparation.  I thought it was good, it would have been a great summer movie as all the elements were there, romance-to-be filled with obstacles conquering all with a happy all is right in the world ending.  Although, I wasn't sure if I would consider it Oscar worthy.

A co-worker of my dad's recommended it, and asked me to add it to our Netflix queue.  So I did.  I liked it better than I did the first time, recognizing its dry humor and caught my attention a bit more.  Speaking of humor, Pat has promised his new friend Tiffany that he will partner with her a dance compition if she helps him reconcile with his wife.  She agrees.  They show several practice scenes and I kept waiting for them to do the Patrick Swayze/Jennifer Grey Dirty Dancing lift.  Sadly, I was disappointed.

The negative, I had a problem with the bi-polar thing.  I will probably come off sounding like bitch, and that persons with the disorder have their ups and downs, but by the dance competition he was too up.  Too normal.  Too Hollywood.  I guess I enjoyed it more than the first time, but I still think it would have made a better summer flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...