Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Gentleman's Agreement (1947)


Gentleman's Agreement centers around Phillip Schuyler Green (played by Gregory Peck) who goes undercover as a Jew to report on antisemitism.

This film came out shortly after the end of WWII and was obvious propaganda.  The filming was dark, and while it was a dark subject itself it was so dark that sometimes I had difficult disguising what was going on.  I have always had an interest in WWII so was looking forward to seeing this, unfortunately, the story telling was so dull that I don't think I could have held my eyes up with toothpicks.  In fact I am having a hard time reviewing this as my eyes were so glazed over that I couldn't even give a fair judgement on whether Gentleman's Agreement even deserved an Oscar for Best Picture.  To conclude, this is a lackluster review for a lackluster film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...