Monday, August 9, 2010

I Detest Cheap Sentiment: An Introduction

I debated doing an introduction because they can be dull and forced almost like a paper written in high school, it's something you have to do. Yet I'm doing one anyway, maybe for extra credit.

As cliché as it may seem, I have loved films ever since I can remember. The first movie I saw in the theater was Lady and the Tramp and soon after that I was introduced to the original (and best) Disney Princess Snow White, I not only became obsessed with her, learning how to work the VCR at three (yes I'm old enough to know what a VCR is) and I believe that is where my love of film began.  As I grew older my viewing of other genres expanded beyond Disney to musicals, classics, dramas, epics etc etc..

My all time favorite film is All About Eve,  I really love anything starring Bette Davis, with another favorite film being Now Voyage.  This brings me to the title of my blog, "We Have The Stars" is quoted at the end of  Now, Voyager "Don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."  While Charlotte Vale may be using it in a different context this blog is to commemorate the stars from yesteryear.

On a closing note, thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy my movie ramblings.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love Bette Davis. Great use of the Now, Voyager quote, too! It's one of my favorites. Looking forward to more reading on your site.

    ReplyDelete

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...